Wednesday, June 27, 2007

fingers crossed

I am leaving in four days time and I am getting scared. I still haven't packed most of the cloths.
My GPS conked out and I can't afford a new one.
I haven't made any reservation in any camping sites because I have no idea how many kilometers I am going to travel each day.
It was snowing in some parts en route yesterday and I am confused. Should I pack all my winter gear? What if the weather changes and it is hot by the time I reach Whitehorse?
There are more Grizzly bears in Yukon and I have only seen black bears.
I know I should cook food far away from the tent, so the bears won't follow me back to the tent...but .. I am still scared..What if kids bring food to the tent?

I know I shouldn't be worried. I spend a week last winter in a remote lake side at -30 degrees. Without electricity and only the fireplace to keep us warm. We did ice fishing! So this time it should be ok.. Fingers crossed!

No comments: